Welcome to Year 6 parents, carers and children who will be joining Easington Academy in September 2017. This page is designed to keep you informed about our transition process over the coming months. Please check this page for regular updates on uniform, transport and key dates. We look forward to meeting you and your child and working with you and them in the future.
Letters to Parents/Carers
- Click to view: Important Changes to Uniform
- Click to view: Uniform Information leaflet
- Click to view: Examples of acceptable footwear
Documents for Parents/Carers Below are documents that will be issued to parents of Year 6 students during transition in June and July.
- Click to view: Home/School Agreement
- Click to view: Consent Forms - Photograhy & Media/ Biometric Cashless System/Responsible Internet Use
- Click to view: EV4 -Parental Consent/Medical Form
- Click to view: Free School Meal Application
Meet the Transition Team
Mrs Martin - Deputy Headteacher
Miss Rutherford - Key stage 3 Director of Learning
Mrs Garrod - Assistant Key stage 3 Director of Learning
Miss Tron - Home/School Liaison Officer
Mrs Garrity - SENCO
During the summer term we will be hosting our "Moving Up" sessions that will allow you to find out more about our school and provide you the opportunity to ask any questions. These sessions are for parents/carers of Year 6 students only. All of our "Moving Up" sessions are held at the academy.
- Tuesday 6th June 2017 6.00pm - 7.00pm - Click Here for information from "Moving Up Session" Tuesday 6th June 2017
- Tuesday 13th June 2017 6.00pm - 7.00pm - Click Here for information from "Moving Up Session" Tuesday 13th June 2017
- Tuesday 20th June 2017 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Year 6 "Taster Day"
Monday 3rd July 2017 9.00am - 3.00pm. Students from all primary schools will spend the day with us here at the Academy.
Year 6 "Information Evening"
Monday 3rd July 2017 6.00pm. This evening is for both parents/carers and students.
Keeping in Touch
We have a number of ways that you can keep up to date with what is happening at Easington Academy. You can follow us on Twitter, join the parent emailing list or visit us via our website.
What are the times of the school day ?
- The school opens at 8.20am.
- At 8.40am the bell rings and students should make their way to registration or the auditorium on assembly days.
- At 8.45am the bell rings to signal the start of the morning registration.
- 9.00am is the end of registration and lessons begin.
- Period 1 - 9.00am - 10.00am.
- Period 2 10.00am - 11.00am.
- At 11.00am students have their moring break and lessons resume.
- Period 3 11.15am - 12.15pm.
- Lunch break is between 12.15pm and 12.55pm.
- Period 4 lessons starting at 1.00pm prompt.
- Period 5 2.00pm - 3.00pm.
- End of the school day is 3.00pm.
What equipment will my child need?
All students are expected to come to school with:
- A bag large enough to carry an A4 sized file.
What are the lunchtime arrangements?
Lunchtime starts at 12.15pm for all students. At 12.55pm students should make their way to lesson 4.
If you have any other questions regarding Year 6 Transition, please do not hesitate to contact us at the academy.
- Home/School Liaison Officer 0191 5270757
- Admissions Team/Pupil Admissions & Transfers 03000 265896
- School Transport/Bus Passes & Queries 03000 265896
- Benefit Helpline/Free School Meals 03000 268002