Easington Academy has a uniform policy which has the full support of the Governing Body. The uniform code is as follows:
- All students in Years 7, 8 and 9 will be expected to wear a red polo shirt bearing the school logo
- All students in Years 10 and 11 will be expected to wear a black polo shirt bearing the school logo
- If students choose to wear a sweatshirt they must wear a black sweatshirt bearing the school logo. No other alternatives are acceptable
- Plain black formal, straight cut trousers (no stripes, no combats, no shortened trousers, no jeans, no leggings of jeggings: trousers should not be too tight) or a straight plain black skirt (skirts should not be more than three inches above the knee).
- Black shoes – Shoes must be black and made of leather, or give the appearance of being made of leather. Plimsolls, Toms, Flossies, Ugg boots, Hightops, Converse, and any form of canvas footwear, are not allowed. The colour of the shoes must be black - this includes laces. There must be no coloured stripe or band on the shoes, including the sole of the shoe. Logos must be small and discreet. For example, the large Nike logo will not be allowed
- All outside coats should be removed on entering the classroom
- Snoods are not to be worn on the school premises
- Hoods must not be worn inside the school buildings
- Caps, of any description, are not to be worn on the school premises
- Woollen hats may be worn between the autumn and spring half terms
- Large fashion belts are not acceptable as part of the school uniform
- Girls' skirts should not be more than three inches above the knee
- Girls should not wear excessive make-up
- Hairbands should be thin and not overly decorative. For example, hairbands wghich incorporate large flowers are not allowed.
- Jewellery – Students are allowed to wear one stud earring in each earlobe. No other jewellery is permitted. It is against school rules to wear any necklaces, bracelets or rings Diamante earrings are not allowed. Body piercing that is visible – for example, nose and eyebrow studs are not allowed. Plugs/expanders aer not allowed
- The school reserves the right to determine that a student’s hairstyle is inappropriate. This includes the cut of the student’s hair and colouring. For example, ‘tramlines’ and ‘mohicans’ and other unusual styles are not acceptable. Similarly, hairstyles which incorporate brightly coloured dyed hair, where the colouring is in stark contrast to the natural colouring of the student’s hair, are not allowed. A hairstyle which incorporates closely shaven sides, the remainder of the hair tapering to a point at the neck, is not allowed
- Tattoos which are visible are not allowed. Any student with a visible tattoo will need to keep it covered up. For example, a student with a tattoo on the arm will be asked to wear a school swearshirt.
PE Uniform - all students are expected to wear the following
- Black/red Sports Polo Shirt - can be purchased from the Academy
- Black Tracksuit Bottoms - not available from the Academy but can be purchased elsewhere
- Black Shorts - not available from the Academy but can be purchased elsewhere
- Black/red Zipped Hoodie. This is optional and can be purchased from the Academy. Please note that only school hoodies may be worn. However, a plain black base layer may be worn underneath the PE polo shirt if a hoodie is not purchased. Base layers cannot be purchased from the school.
- Appropriate footwear (trainers) must be worn for PE lessons. Plimsolls, toms, Flossies and similar footwear are not suitable for a PE lesson. It is advisable that students wear boots with studs for contact activities on the grass - for example, football and rugby. Moulded studs or blades may be worn on the astroturf, but not metal studs
- All of the above are compulsory
All students are expected to come to school with a pen, pencil and student planner (the planner is supplied by the school) and a bag large enough to carry an A4 sized file